“It puts a smile on my face on a dull day. It’s sociable and fun”.
“Class is so enjoyable it’s over before it’s begun!”
“Excellent workout – physically & spiritually. Great combination of movement and fabulous music.”
“I used to do Yoga classes for four years, but after attending Nia classes for the past three months, I really feel this is more beneficial to both my physical and mental health. LOVE IT!! [Nia is] helping my weight loss, high blood pressure and reducing my stress levels.”
These are just a few of the comments I’ve had from people who’ve done Nia classes with me in Co. Durham and Darlington. What they have realised is that:
Nia is about so much more than just keeping fit!
So what is it?
Nia is a fun, low-impact cardiovascular workout that blends dance, Martial Arts (Taekwondo, Tai Chi, Aikido) and Healing Arts (Yoga, Feldenkrais and Alexander techniques).
Nia respects your body’s structure, exercises every muscle group and promises improved flexibility, agility, mobility, strength and stability. It chills and de-stresses too!
With Nia, you move to inspiring music from around the world – whatever your age, shape or level of fitness. A Nia teacher who’s attended classes through two pregnancies and with new babies says: “Nia helps women reclaim and get to know their postnatal bodies. It allows them to get back in shape at their own pace. It helps restore pelvic floor muscles.” A student who attended a taster said it made her feel “Happy”. Ladies in their seventies have told me how much more flexible they feel after a class.
So why not kick off your shoes and join us for a Nia class in Co. Durham or Darlington. What have you got to lose?
- Read more testimonials and articles
- Watch videos
- Sign up for a regular newsletter on Nia-related events in the North East of England
- The Nia Technique UK Facebook page
- North East England loves Nia Facebook page
- Nia website
- See Classes & Events for information on where you can attend a class with me.
- Take a look at the Supple Change Facebook page for more hints, tips and information (you don’t need to be on Facebook, just to take a look)
- Contact me for more information or to book.
- Subscribe to our mailing list to receive regular tips and news direct to your inbox.